Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Her Perfume
every sip of heavy air that can be given away in the chance passing of your presence,
I shall gladly receive.
inhaling, I do not take this breath,
but rather hold it softly,
as I might the delicate folds of a love-letter lost to time
now rediscovered amidst a quiet coating of love-lorn memory and dust.
but you,
you're so brand new.
a blossom billows a sweetness that can be found only else in your touch,
I feel you deeply.
a carefree embrace of fragrance in our paths crossing,
your casual smile, let slip,
sweeter still.
warm like the sunshine.
cool, like a cold glass of water pressed between your lips on a hot afternoon.
nothing less than the entire world and everything
wrapt up into your eyes' reflection.
my elation
let go,
anticipation-
set free.
cool petals might be swaying in some faraway breeze,
somewhere there must be a field of flowers all for you.
no less I would give to you.
a summer's day to manifest itself in this,
your beauty.
you're beautiful.
you're you.
I think you're you.
I feel like going home
and putting in an old movie,
wanna come?
will there be popcorn?
of course.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment